Corporate Planning & Strategy
Success for any business is often driven by sound financial planning and strategy. For over 30 years, Duff Kitchel has advised companies, investors and business leaders in a variety of industries including law firms, professional services, energy, restaurants, manufacturing and retail. Duff Kitchel has in-depth experience implementing and overseeing complex internal accounting and budgeting systems, as well as the related cash flow planning.
Strategic planning considers historical performance and management’s vision of the future. We combine these with many other factors to develop a plan to make decisions as the year progresses. With tax laws constantly changing, planning is essential for entities making strategic decisions.
Recent corporate representative transactions include:
- Led $68 million leveraged recapitalization for an upstream oil services company with a private equity firm. Services included developing complex internal accounting systems for multiple profit centers, $20 million credit facility negotiation and all tax and financial aspects of the capital event.
- Assisted with the growth and ultimate sale of an energy service company. Revenues grew from $250,000 to $10 million. The company ultimately sold for $7 million. Services ranged from assisting with internal accounting function and international tax matters, to providing information for and negotiating financial aspects of the sale.
- Managed a five shareholder law firm start-up. Services ranged from developing and implementing internal accounting systems and cash flow projections to all aspects of securing a $1.5 million credit facility.
- Implemented and continually assisted with the financial management of a multiple entity, closely-held, retail office furniture company. Services included implementation of financial reporting systems, margins analysis, risk management and continual tax planning and analysis.
- Implemented and managed a financial management team for an out-of-town law firm. Projects included the development of internal financial management procedures, a business plan for 2011 and assistance with human resource management.